About Me

My photo
My name is Elisha, and I am 24. I am a SAHM to 5 year old Mr. Elijah Thomas and his sister RaeLynne that was born on November 14, 2008. I am happily married to Casey, since April 6, 2008. Elijah is a great kid and he has not only been diagnosed with Down Syndrome prenatally, but he also is deaf, and has a heart defect that required surgical repair at 5 months of age. He is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, and I love watching him grow!! He is the most AWESOME brother---the best there is!!

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Please pray for RaeLynne

MY DEAR BABY RAELYNNE IS IN NEED OF URGENT PRAYERS. THE DR CALLED ME AFTER THE NURSE SUCTIONED HER AND GOT A LOT OF BLOOD. A FEW MINUTES LATER, SHE HAD A VERY BLOODY DIAPER. THEY DID AN X-RAY AND THE AREAS OF THE INTESTINES THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BLACK LOOKED LIKE A BUNCH OF AIR POCKETS (SPOTTED). THERE WERE ALSO SPOTS OUTSIDE OF THE INTESTINES. SHE IS VERY SICK. HER PLATLETS ARE BAD, HER CBC WAS ABNORMAL, HER URINE CULTURE WAS CLOUDY AND THE DR TOLD ME THAT SHE IS VERY WORRIED ABOUT HER. THEY HAVE MADE HER NPO, RESTARTED HER IV, STARTED ANTIBIOTICS, AND ARE REPEATING THE XRAY EVERY FEW HOURS. SHE ISN'T MOVING AROUND MUCH, BUT HER STATS HAVE BEEN OK. I HELD HER EARLIER AND SHE DIDN'T EVEN MOVE. THEY ARE TALKING OF TRANSFERRING TO CHILDRENS (SHE IS IN THE HOSPITAL, OHIO STATE MEDICAL CENTER, THAT I DELIVERED IN). TRANSPORT MAY HAPPEN TONIGHT, IF THEY HAVE A BED AVAILABLE. THE DR SAID THAT THE AIR POCKETS WILL NEED DRAINED. PLEASE KEEP MY SWEET LITTLE BABY IN YOUR PRAYERS, AS SHE NEEDS THEM NOW MORE THAN EVER BEFORE. CASEY IS HEADING TO WORK AND IS DROPPING ME OFF AT THE HOSPITAL SO THAT I CAN STAY THE NIGHT WITH HER. I AM SO WORRIED. HASN'T SHE BEEN THROUGH ENOUGH? *************************************************************Update: 8:50pm I am now at the hospital, and it is so hard to even look at her They just did another XRay and I am waiting on the results. Her urine culture is going to take 24 hours. She just had another bloody diaper. I am so scared for her. She has been raising her legs screaming in pain. Casey is off to work, so I am here by myself with her for the night. I can stay in the NICU with her, but have to go to the waiting room to use my computer. I will update when I hear more. Please keep praying. ************************************************************* Update 11:30pm RaeLynne is getting worse. We are getting ready to be transferred to Children's. I just found out her platlets should be over 100 and are 22. She is not clotting. She bled thru 2 bandaids earlier when they did her heal stick. They said that she could bleed to death from a heal stick if her level gets any lower. They just did a repeat and I am waitiing on the results. If it comes back under 20 then she will have to have a platlet transfusion. Her XRay showed a lot more air pockets that were bigger and in more places. I am so so scared. The dr told me earlier today to not worry until she told me to, and about 20 minutes ago, told me it was time to worry. I'm scared. I'm terrified. Please please keep praying...we have to beat this. We just HAVE to.

No comments: