About Me

My photo
My name is Elisha, and I am 24. I am a SAHM to 5 year old Mr. Elijah Thomas and his sister RaeLynne that was born on November 14, 2008. I am happily married to Casey, since April 6, 2008. Elijah is a great kid and he has not only been diagnosed with Down Syndrome prenatally, but he also is deaf, and has a heart defect that required surgical repair at 5 months of age. He is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, and I love watching him grow!! He is the most AWESOME brother---the best there is!!

Friday, October 24, 2008

If you have had a preemie

I am just trying to wrap my head around the fact that soon......very soon......our baby girl is going to be born, more than likely, way too early. I am 23 weeks this week...and I was just wondering something.

If you have had a preemie (or know someone who has)
When (what week) did you deliver?
How did the delivery go?
What happened afterwards?
Did baby have any complications?
How much did he/she weigh?
Length?
Once you went into labor...how long were you stabilized before you actually gave birth?
How fast did delivery progress?
Anything else I need to know or prepare for?

I do not want to go into this blindfolded. And since I have plenty of time I would just like to get prepared. I'm so sad that I don't get to get her room ready...I don't get to get all the little things done that I wanted...things just ain't going to be normal. I feel so helpless and useless here.

Please keep baby Rae in your prayers. We definately need them!!

No comments: