About Me

My photo
My name is Elisha, and I am 24. I am a SAHM to 5 year old Mr. Elijah Thomas and his sister RaeLynne that was born on November 14, 2008. I am happily married to Casey, since April 6, 2008. Elijah is a great kid and he has not only been diagnosed with Down Syndrome prenatally, but he also is deaf, and has a heart defect that required surgical repair at 5 months of age. He is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, and I love watching him grow!! He is the most AWESOME brother---the best there is!!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Today's update

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know how things are going.

Today was Eli's day to come home, and my aunt is keeping him for a few days. My dad had a heart cath Wednesday and doesn't feel well and my aunt doesn't work weekends so she's keeping him until Sunday. He's gonna get to come visit on Sunday and I must say that I can NOT wait. I've been saving him the cottage cheese (individual containers) for him cause it's his favorite!!

The update for today is basically the same...just watching to see how things go. My fetal fibernectin was positive, big shock. They are waiting until next week to repeat it cause they don't want to stir things up. They don't want to mess around when I'm not contracting. So, I'm in this super comfy bed (that wasn't sarcasm, actually) that they brought me cause my other one was making weird buzzing noises that were making me crazy. I don't have a room mate anymore, and I am next on the list for a private room. YAY.

They have been sedating me at night cause I can NOT go to sleep for nothing, and I went 47 hours without a single minute of sleep. Everytime I get to sleep, I start having horrible nightmares and wake up soaked in sweat.

So, on to why my baby boy isn't a baby anymore. This will definately tear your heart out and stomp on it...if you are emotional like me. I called my aunt after she picked him up and got him to her house and fed. She said, "Eli, your mommy is on the phone..." and signed mommy to him. She said that he dropped the toy he was playing with (and I HEARD this...) "MY MOMMY!?!?!"

OMG.

Thanks kid, you broke my heart.

Then he went "mommommommommom...." and she said that he was signing love. Crying or Very sad I can't wait to see him, I miss him SO much. The whole time I was talking to her he was saying mom. She said that he stood in front of her mirror signing I love Mommy. Crying or Very sad

The social worker said that they are going to be able to feed Casey while he is here, so we don't have to worry about that. And that's good cause he eats a lot and gets expensive. They bring extra food on every tray and we have the fridge full right now. They also said that anytime either of us want anything to let them know, cause they have a small kitchen type room here and can get us sandwiches and stuff. They also gave us a parking pass that is so much cheaper.

I haven't been able to talk to my mom today cause she doesn't have a home phone anymore and just has a prepaid phone that doesn't have any time on it Crying or Very sad I hate that...I miss talking to her.

Crying or Very sad

I got really emotional talking to the nurse earlier, just cause I miss Eli so much but I know that this is what needs to be done if his sister is going to have a chance. I hope he somehow understands that he isn't being punished...it's just so hard to explain it to a kid that...just doesn't understand. I'm so glad now that he is so close with my parents and family. I can't remember now, but whoever asked about him staying with Jon...NO THANKS. I'll never get to see him. He is fine with mom and my aunt and I would never be able to see him if he stayed with Jon. I talked to his step mom Courtney though, and told her what was going on, and she said if for some reason there wasn't someone to watch him, let them know and she would take him. She's been really helpful, really. She said that she was wondering if there was something wrong with me Tuesday, she said I looked like I didn't feel good (at the preschool meeting).

I still need to tell you all about the preschool meeting, but my computer is getting hot and I don't want it to shut off in the middle of me writing it...so I'm cutting it off now...
Thanks for reading...if you made it this far.

I would just ask that you continue to keep RaeLynne and myself in your prayers. We love you guys!

No comments: