About Me

My photo
My name is Elisha, and I am 24. I am a SAHM to 5 year old Mr. Elijah Thomas and his sister RaeLynne that was born on November 14, 2008. I am happily married to Casey, since April 6, 2008. Elijah is a great kid and he has not only been diagnosed with Down Syndrome prenatally, but he also is deaf, and has a heart defect that required surgical repair at 5 months of age. He is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, and I love watching him grow!! He is the most AWESOME brother---the best there is!!

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hi guys!! I just wanted to quickly update while it is quiet here. First off, thank you all for your prayers. I appreciate it SO much. RaeLynne is doing well! They are going to attempt to remove the vent tomorrow and put in a feeding tube so that she can start getting breastmilk. She is on room air, they were just leaving the vent in as a precaution for a while. She is retaining her body heat well. She is SOOO tiny. I can't believe she is here now, it is all surreal! I have went and seen her a few times, I am just now to the point that I can move without feeling like I am ripping apart. They took out my IV and cathedor which really made me feel better. They took off the bandages on the incision and it was just over 5 inches! The staples kind of hurt, but other than that, it doesn't bother me. I have started pumping for her and the VERY first time got quite a bit and then it slowed down a bit. They said that she'd only get a couple cc's for the first few days. I just went down to see her a few minutes ago and she was doing well. She opens her eyes and looks around and goes back to sleep. I will update later, just wanted to check in and tell everyone thanks for keeping her in your prayers!!

No comments: