About Me

My photo
My name is Elisha, and I am 24. I am a SAHM to 5 year old Mr. Elijah Thomas and his sister RaeLynne that was born on November 14, 2008. I am happily married to Casey, since April 6, 2008. Elijah is a great kid and he has not only been diagnosed with Down Syndrome prenatally, but he also is deaf, and has a heart defect that required surgical repair at 5 months of age. He is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, and I love watching him grow!! He is the most AWESOME brother---the best there is!!

Sunday, July 6, 2008

It all started...

June 10, 2008. What a weird day this was. I had a funny feeling all day long; just didn't feel "right." So even though I wasn't due for AF for another few days...I just had a gut feeling. Ran down to walmart, and picked up the following... Yes, that is a BFP. THREE days before I was expecting AF. And I have NEVER seen a test go + go quickly. OH CRAP OH CRAP OH CRAP. HEHE. So, here I was, at 11pm, dh at work...all alone...I tried to act as normal as possible when he called on his break, but inside I just wanted to tell him. But I didn't. I kept it a secret for almost a whole day. This was the week before Father's Day, and I just wanted to wait until then so that I could suprise him. But I couldnt wait! At 6 pm the next day...I handed him 3 + tests. He was like, "You're joking right??" OH No...I'm not!! I took another one, just to make my point clear! I called my dr. and the next day the started doing the Quad Screening (Hormone test). My numbers were great. 162, 406, 3606...Then two weeks later...
Due on February 17, 2009....16 days after Eli's 3rd birthday!
I think this is the cutest blob I have ever seen!!
The very next week, on Sunday, I started bleeding. Not just a spotting bleeding. But a full blown, "You better get to the ER or you are going to bleed to death," bleed. When they did some tests, they told me terrible news. My cervix was already dialating, and I would probably lose the baby within a few days. BUT this little "blob" had a different idea!! I went to my OB/GYN on Tuesday, July 1, and saw this...(so much changed in just 6 days!!)
This right here is what you call a miracle. 6 1/2 weeks along!!

No comments: