About Me

My photo
My name is Elisha, and I am 24. I am a SAHM to 5 year old Mr. Elijah Thomas and his sister RaeLynne that was born on November 14, 2008. I am happily married to Casey, since April 6, 2008. Elijah is a great kid and he has not only been diagnosed with Down Syndrome prenatally, but he also is deaf, and has a heart defect that required surgical repair at 5 months of age. He is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, and I love watching him grow!! He is the most AWESOME brother---the best there is!!

Monday, July 14, 2008

My exciting...bloody...week

Ugh. Wow. What a week!! I have never seen so much blood in my life. TMI, sorry!! Here is a copy of my update from Downsyn:


Hey guys, Sorry for not updating, I have been at my moms and not had computer access. I was staying with her so that I could have help with Eli while Casey was working. As for the test results from the dr they were basically the same as they were before. The clot is 5cm x 3cm, the same size as the amniotic sac. I didn't have any blood work done at OSU. My dr said for me to let him know if the bleeding got worse, and it did on Friday. Now, things have slowed down; bleeding wise. The pain is still pretty bad, but is getting better. I have been trying to not take the pain meds, because contrary to what the dr says I don't know how Percocet can be safe for a baby. I went to the ER again on Friday. I was bleeding SOO bad, it was awful, and it was embarrassing. I waited to go until I had bled thru 3 pads in an hour. The nurse made me sit in the room in just a gown and I bled all over the bed. I had asked her if I could stay dressed until the dr came in and she was very rude and said that it was inconvienent for him to have to wait on me to undress. So I sit there and bled all over. I had an ultrasound and had to have the bed pads changed twice while the test was being done. The baby's heart rate was 175. It was scary cause the tech couldn't tell me what was going on and I couldn't see the screen. Then the dr came in and did a pelvic exam and checked my cervix, everything was the same there...still open slightly. He said the hematoma was about the same, and sent me home diagnosed as a threatened miscarriage (again). My bloodwork (quant levels) from the ER was good, up from 90,000 to 156,000 or so. I have to call my dr. again tomorrow and see what is going on. I have an appt on Wednesday, and I feel much better. The bleeding is down to spotting. The cramping is almost gone, but I still have some sharp pains every now and then. My dr said that that could just be my uterus stretching. SOOO...now I am trying to stay as still as possible, and I am hoping that it goes away soon. I will be going home tonight and Eli will be staying with my mom. As of now, things are stable, so I'm hoping that I can make it to my appt on Wednesday. I am going to call my dr. in the morning to see if he got the report from the ER on Friday.

No comments: